Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sunday Survey




1. Where would you say your testimony is the strongest? Prayer and family home evening. my boys love family home evening and you dont think they are listening, but what they remember and repeat to you the following week amazes me. I know the three things we need to do to keep our kids safe is prayer and family home and scripture study. We also need to teach them by example. Let them see us praying and reading our scriptures. Then they will make prayer and Scripture study important to them ,because it is important to us.

2. What do you struggle with the most (church related)? Going to the temple.(it is so hard to find time to go with 3 little kids running around. and Personal Scripture study, after reading scriptures and a story the boys pick out for me to read each night, I am always to tired to read myself. I keep hoping President Hinckley will give us the Book of Mormon Challenge Again
3. Do you have your food storage? Yes, we try to order a little bit every month. I Spend the same amount each month. $50. Its not a real big number so i Never say no I cant do it this month.

4. Do you have a favorite scripture? What is it? I am the way, the truth and the life: No man cometh unto the father but by me John 14:6

5. What is your favorite Church hymn? " I know that my redeemer lives. The Efy 2000 Cd If you dont have that cd, it is a must have.

6. Do you have Any Sunday Traditions? Not yet, I am still trying. But I did make the boys a sunday box with a bunch of sunday games and movies that we could do as a family. the boys really like it.

7. Do you have a Patriarchal Blessing? No, I know it is on my mind daily to go get it.

8. Do you believe in angels? Yes. Jp my oldest thinks he sees an angel over grandma netts house. I wish he would see one over ours

9. Do you like the ward you're in? Yes !!!!!! I love it I never want to move out. I love everyone in the ward. And my boys and Husband enjoy it also.

10. What callings have you had? Young Women's Secretary , 12yrs sunday school teacher, Enrichment

11. What calling do you want? Anyone they are inspired to give me. except maybe Adult sunday school teacher, But I really love the one that I have. Because I am a convert so I wasnt in YW very long. So its like I am doing everything for the First time.

12. What calling do you hold now? Young Women Secretary

13. Who out of your friends do you get spiritually lifted from? Brooke Martin& Jamie Carling, They always has something good to say, and I learn alot from them

14. Personally what do you need to work on with the church? I Need to work on everything, I am still learning, I loved the calling with Sunday school (12year olds) Because everything was broken down for me. Everything made since to me.

15. if so, which one?Were you married/sealed in a temple... Mesa, Az Temple on Dec 1, 2001

16. Do you have a favorite temple? I LOVE them all.. But If I had to choose I would pick the Salt Lake temple, because it is one of the first ones I have been into after I got married, and my second would be , The Sandiego Temple and I get to go to that one in December for my Best friends Wedding. I am so excited.




Thank You Katie Peterson. I stole this survey from her. It was fun. It really makes you think about your testimony and also the things you need to improve.
Copy and paste this and fill in your answers its fun

8 comments:

Sarah Hawkins said...

That was adorable! You are so good, and such a great Mom to your kids, they are lucky!

Megan said...

Umm, I think we need to hang out again! We were totally married the same month AND year! You were married exactly 20 days before me. How cool is that?!

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

jess- that was so cute. i just love you! okay- MY POST IS BACK ON! CHECK IT OUT!!!! 1I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS!!!!!

thewylerfamily said...

It was great to see you on Sat. night. I am so proud of you for being so strong in the church. You are an amazing women Jess.

Kim said...

That is a fun post. I should steal it.

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

hey jess! jillian said that you were wanting to go too!! okay of course you know i'd love to go with you however, remember the Merwin family (brett has been building their home the last year?!) come on...he tells us ALL ABOUT IT remember?? haha. anyhow- the daughter inlaw and the owner want to go so we kinda have this planned thing to go together. what time were you wanting to go??

Katie Peterson said...

How fun you did the survey! I loved reading it....your friend Brooke seems like a really fun person, don't you just love all the good examples we have in our lives?

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

jess- tay has gym today. can the boys and i stop by??