Saturday, January 8, 2011

Grandpa Carlings

(this picture is Christmas morning i didn't have a pic of today since i didn't go)
So everyone knows that I am on this mission to raise strong , responsible Gentleman that can work. which is very hard in the city surrounded by video game. So, I asked the other day if their was anything that the boys could do at Grandpa to help out and learn to work.
Grandpa said he would call me sometime next week and we could come on over and rake some leaves. I was like OK cool.
An hour later Grandpa calls me and says hey Jess have the boys ready tomorrow at 8:30 and I will be by to pick them up. I say Grandpa I can come and help, Grandpa says" oh no you just stay home and take care of the little guy. So we say are goodbyes and i hang up and I start to panic, because i was planning on being their to make sure they do a good job and if they get out of hand. So I go in and talk to the boys and tell them that they are going to go over to Grandpa Carling's in the morning to rake leaves and work. I start to tell them the rules and that they need to behave and listen and do everything that Grandpa says. They say "OK mom".
They wake up in the morning knowing that they are going to work at grandpas today.
J.p is a little nervous that he isn't going to be able to play any video game today, and I am nervous because I hope my boys behave themselves and do what they are told( not that I think my boys wont mind, you just never know when you aren't around and i don't want it to be hard on grandpa). So they are gone for a couple of hours and I start thinking "OK they haven't called yet so they must be doing all right. Come to find out they had the time of their lives. Grandma and grandpa made them breakfast and they had Hot chocolate and they raked leaves, picked nuts, fed the chicken and cows, and they each came home with a bag of Oranges(my boys live for oranges). That learning experience was a success. Know I need to figure out the next thing I am going to introduce them too. Maybe i will teach J.p to mow the lawn. HA HA!! Wouldn't that be great.
THANK YOU Grandpa for a great time and helping me with the boys experience they will never forget it.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Sounds like they had a blast. I have weeds and rocks to rake.